Replacing the windows of your home should improve more than just the aesthetic. The process should also provide an energy upgrade for your home. Fortunately, energy efficient windows have become a very popular product, meaning that they are widely available. Another benefit of their popularity is that improvements are constantly being made to their design to improve their efficiency. The windows we carry here at Your Remodeling Guys are no different as they provide some of the greatest energy efficiency available. Furthermore, we are experts when finding ways to ensure that you get the most out of your replacement windows.
How to Get Quality & Efficiency from Your Windows
- Multi-Pane Construction: Make sure that your next window purchase helps your home’s energy efficiency by choosing a multi-pane model. Most modern windows are available with double-pane construction and some window dealers even offer triple-pane constructions. Multi-pane windows are widely known to have increased energy efficiency since the multiple panes of glass slows heat transfer into and out of your home.
- Insulating Gas Fills: Gas fills can be added to your multi-pane window construction to increase their energy efficiency. Acting as another layer of an insulating barrier between the interior of your home and the outside. Ask us about our Krypton Gas filled triple-pane window construction and the vast difference it makes in your home.
- Low-E Glass: Low-E Glass, also known as insulated glass, utilizes multiple layers of thin film that increases the protection of your home’s interior against harmful UV rays from the sun. Not only does this protect against fading, it also helps to remove the issue of radiant heat transfer.
- Multi-Chamber Frames: Vinyl window frames will typically make use of this particular design. The multiple chambers in these frames create a thermal break within that slows heat transfer and helps to prevent air leakage. Another benefit to this style of construction is that it helps strengthen the window’s structural integrity.
- Spacers: Multi-pane windows come equipped with a spacer between the panes. The purpose of the spacer is to prevent the window’s insulating gas from leaking out and keep the glass from shifting. They also help to improve the condensation rating. One thing to keep in mind is the conductivity of the spacer material. Spacers with a high conductivity will tend to be far less efficient when it comes to energy loss.
Energy Efficient Windows & Local Expertise
If you keep the above factors in mind when shopping for replacement windows, then it’s practically certain that you’ll make a smart decision when it comes to your purchase. If you’re still unsure about what to look for or just want some professional guidance, then our staff is more than happy to help. We make the process of replacement window shopping a pleasurable one and do our absolute best to ensure that you make the smartest purchase when it comes to upgrading the beauty and energy efficiency of your home. To learn more about replacement windows and how they can improve your home, contact Your Remodeling Guys today!