Attic Insulation from Your Remodeling Guys
Attic Insulation Solutions for Homeowners in York, Harrisburg, Lancaster, PA & Beyond
Proper attic insulation is a must for keeping homes at a comfortable temperature throughout the year while helping to keep energy costs down. At Your Remodeling Guys, we’re dedicated to helping homeowners throughout the area achieve optimum home energy efficiency, and one of the foremost ways to accomplish this is by identifying the types of heat transfer affecting homes and installing exceptional attic insulation products to counter them.
Attic Insulation Professionals for South Central Pennsylvania
Different types of attic insulation can be used to combat thermal energy transfer, which can occur via convection, conduction, or radiation. Following a thorough, 12-point visual inspection of your home from the attic to the basement, our Building Performance Institute-accredited inspectors can ascertain precisely which method or methods of heat transfer are affecting your home and will recommend the appropriate attic insulation product to combat the energy loss. For example:
- For convective energy loss, we will air seal all gaps and penetrations into your attic. This includes lighting cavities, and where utility lines enter the room with caulking and expandable foam. We’ll also install a canopy over your attic access door or hatch.
- For conductive energy loss, we’ll install loose-fill, blown-in fiberglass insulation from Johns Manville – or blown-in cellulose insulation – that will absorb and slow heat transfer for the life of your home and will not decay or settle as other insulating materials can.
- For radiant energy loss, we will install a unique type of foil attic insulation, known as reflective insulation, which is similar to a radiant barrier. This insulation is manufactured by eShield™ and utilizes NASA technology to reflect radiant heat absorbed by the underside of the roof rafters.
We also offer the following attic insulation options:
- Budget Choice – Blown-in cellulose insulation
- Builders Choice – Fiberglass insulation and air-sealing foam
- Smart Choice – Fiberglass insulation, air-sealing foam, and a blower-door test to discern the spaces in your home that need insulation the most
- Ultimate Choice – Fiberglass insulation, air-sealing foam, the blower-door test, and reflective foil insulation
If your attic is poorly ventilated, we may recommend the installation of a solar fan to help your attic breathe more effectively without trapping heat inside your home. To learn more about the attic insulation installation services we provide for homeowners in York, Harrisburg, Lancaster and all other South Central Pennsylvania communities, please contact Your Remodeling Guys.