Replacement Windows & When You Need Them
Replace the Windows of Your Home Before It’s Too Late
The existing windows of your Harrisburg home play a very large role with regards to its energy efficiency. It’s for this reason you want to make sure they are performing well, otherwise, you could be losing a great amount of energy dollars. Fortunately, there are a few signs to watch out for that can help you avoid suffering energy loss through your windows and the window experts at Your Remodeling Guys can help you identify them. We have been servicing the greater Pennsylvania area for years and over that time, we’ve seen many issues with windows. These experiences and our general window expertise have made it possible to compile the following list of warning signs.
Signs You Need New Windows:
- Old and Dated: Outdated windows lack the energy-saving technologies of modern windows. This means that they can never match the energy efficiency of more up-to-date windows, regardless of how good their condition may be. It’s important to make sure that you know the age of your windows and how close they are to the end of their lifespan.
- Physical Damage: If your window possesses cracks, warps, worn seals, or other physical defects, then energy is constantly being lost through them. Furthermore, they can be quite the eyesore on your home.
- Drafts from the Window: A great way to tell if your windows are drafty is by placing your hand in front of it. Once in place, if you feel air coming through, then you are dealing with a drafty window. This can be attributed to any number of factors, including worn seals or window age.
- Difficulty of Operation: Windows that are hard to open and close are most likely being afflicted by a balance issue, which is an internal issue. It’s best to look to a professional if this is an issue.
- Condensation: Windows with condensation in between the panes are in need of replacing. This is because condensation in this area is a sure sign that any insulating qualities are lost. Be sure to not confuse condensation in between panes with condensation outside of the pane. Condensation on the window’s exterior or at its perimeter is normal.
Ensure the Performance of Your Windows
Making sure that the windows of your Harrisburg home are in good condition is paramount when it comes to ensuring its energy performance. Once you identify whether you need replacement windows, you must then make sure to choose high-quality windows that are beautiful and energy efficient. The windows we carry at Your Remodeling Guys are each highly efficient and designed to save you money. Furthermore, each of our installers are highly trained to perform flawless work that will leave your home with enhanced curb appeal that will leave you breathless. Embrace the beauty and convenience of energy efficiency with modern replacement windows by contacting us today for your free consultation.