Strong Signs Your Siding Needs Replaced
Ensure the Protection of Your Home with Siding
Replacement siding is one of the best investments you can make in your Harrisburg home, however, it is a rather large investment. That’s why it’s important to make sure you’re getting the most out of the lifespan of your siding before replacing it. At Your Remodeling Guys, our siding experts help our clients time their siding replacement perfectly by providing them with the knowledge they need to make the proper judgement. We offer knowledge and expertise to help you decide when it’s best to replace your siding with our one or our great siding varieties, which include styles by Alside® and James Hardie®.
Signs You Need Siding
- High Energy Bills: One of the primary jobs of home siding is to help keep your home optimized for energy efficiency. This is because of the role it plays as the largest exterior part of your home that must combat heat from the sun on a daily basis. If you notice your energy bills on the rise and your interior comfort falling, then siding replacement is on the horizon.
- Rotting or Warping: Signs of rotting or warping are a strong indicator that your siding should be replaced. Damages like these are typical signs that moisture is collecting behind your siding. Not only is this damaging to your siding, it’s also damaging to the material beneath it.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: Siding that is cracked or coming loose is susceptible to moisture collecting behind it. This can significantly damage the wooden underside of homes and lead to the growth of mold and mildew.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint Inside: The interior of your home can be affected by ineffective siding as well. This is obvious if your paint or wallpaper is peeling or loose, which could signify that water has infiltrated and saturated the walls to the point that it bleeds through the other side. The seeping water causes the wallpaper or paint to peel.
- Fungus, Mold, and Mildew Growth: The growth of fungus, mold, or mildew at the seams of your siding or around the edges is a sure sign that water has collected in it. The course of action is to contact an expert that can locate the point(s) of concern or replace your siding system.
- Bubbled or Blistered Siding: Constant exposure to heat or moisture can eventually cause your siding to bubble or blister. This is also a common side effect of improperly installed siding.
Trust the Siding Professionals at Your Remodeling Guys
These are just some of the more common signs that indicate you need to replace your siding. If you suspect your home is afflicted with any of these or other siding malfunctions, then we suggest that you seek the assistance of the siding experts here at Your Remodeling Guys. The sooner you take action against your damaged siding, the sooner you can stop worrying about further damage to the parts of your Harrisburg home it’s supposed to protect. Don’t let your home suffer from damaged or defective siding anymore and contact us to schedule a free consultation about replacement siding.